ClientGreen building development organization
The Hill Group's Role
- Organizational Capacity Review
- Strategy Formulation
- Focus Group Facilitation
- Data Analysis
- Document Review
- Developed a platform for formal, ongoing organizational goal setting, planning, and improvement process
- Confirmed sustainability and effectiveness
- Enabled organization to obtain funding for planning and expansion initiatives
The nonprofit organization integrates environmentally responsible and high-performance design, construction, and operating practices into the western Pennsylvania region. The Hill Group, Inc. partnered with the organization to conduct a Capacity Review.
The Hill Group worked with the organization to provide a clear framework for assessing and evaluating organizational capacity. The Hill Group used multiple methods to conduct a thorough evaluation of the organization’s capacity to sustain and optimize its potential.
The purpose of the Capacity Review was to objectively assess ten dimensions that are critical to organizational capacity and provide recommendations on improvement. The ten dimensions of organizational capacity include:
1. Mission, Vision, Strategy, and Planning
2. Program Design and Evaluation
3. Human Resources
4. CEO and Senior Management Team Leadership 5. Information Technology
6. Financial Management
7. Fund Development
8. Governance and Board Leadership
9. Legal Affairs
10. Marketing, Communication, and External Relations
The consultants analyzed data from the Capacity Review to identify areas of opportunity for the organization, as well as provide a framework for future decision making within the organization. The findings and supporting data are the platform for developing a formal, ongoing organizational goal setting, planning, and improvement process.
The review confirmed the sustainability and effectiveness of the organization and validated its impact on the region. The organization intends on using the information gained from the Review to support its expansion efforts and further its impact on green building design.