ClientFoundation for Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Independent, nonprofit, charitable corporation
The Hill Group's Role
- Strategic Planning
- Project Coordination
- Communications Strategic Formulation
- Change Management
- Strategic Interviews
- Survey Design & Administration
- Data Analysis
- Engaged stakeholders in strategic interviews and university-wide surveys to test and validate findings
- Conduct SWOT analysis meetings with the board, foundation staff, and University leadership
- Conducted benchmarking analyses of university foundations
- Facilitated the development of new vision, mission, and values statements
- Directed strategic planning committee in identifying four major priorities from growth and stewardship to the identification of specific areas of strategic University impact and investments in capacity
Foundation for Indiana University of Pennsylvania engaged The Hill Group, Inc. to facilitate its strategic planning process from 2016 to 2017 with ongoing advice and counsel through 2018. The Foundation for Indiana University of Pennsylvania is an independent, nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3) corporation organized in 1967 to promote and support the educational purposes of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. The Foundation manages nearly $300 million in assets, approximately $50 million in endowed funds and $250 million in real estate.
The Hill Group was engaged by the Foundation to develop a strategic plan focused on growth of assets and developing a new culture of philanthropy, stewardship of resources, impact through transformative investments in the University, and enhancement of organizational capacity and infrastructure. With guidance from The Hill Group, the Foundation also used the planning process as a change management tool, helping to bolster a positive relationship with University administration.
This strategic planning process was essential to the University’s growth. The Foundation’s strategic planning process engaged University leadership and stakeholders to identify critical success factors, and the Foundation’s plan was used as a blueprint and catalyst to influence transformational change throughout the University.